Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Helping Hand Home

I'm a little biased, but the "Change the World" contribution for the month of June may have been my favorite.  Actually, I know it has been my favorite.  


After driving by The Helping Hand Home on my way to work day in and day out and doing a little research, I decided it was time to get involved.  For the past 2 years I have been a bedtime reader for the children there, and the amount of joy I have experienced can not be put in to words.  This organization was a big part in why I started this project, so I was elated to make them one of our "Change the World" recipients.

One June afternoon I walked in to the front office of The Helping Hand Home for Children and dropped off a check for all of the change our customers paid with from the month of May.  Together, we were able to send the children to Schlitterbahn for the afternoon!  What better way to kick of the summer than spending a day at "The Hottest, Coolest, Time in Texas"?  Everyone who's grown up in Central Texas knows a childhood summer isn't complete without a ride on the MasterBlaster...

No comments:

Post a Comment